MyMilesMatter by Shell Rotella® 100K Bonus Miles Sweepstakes
You could be one of thirty-three (33) lucky winners to win a prize! Simply redeem fifty (50) Reward Miles to enter for a chance to win (or enter by mail). Reward Miles can be redeemed for sweepstakes entries as often as you wish during the sweepstakes period. See Official Rules for complete details.
MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® Fall Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS MAY BE REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The MyMilesMatter by Shell Rotella® Fall Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to individuals who are: (i) legal residents of and currently residing in one of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec), (ii) the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence at the time of entry, and (iii) members of the MyMilesMatter by Shell Rotella® (the "Program"). Employees of Pennzoil-Quaker State Company d/b/a SOPUS Products ("Sponsor") and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, participating advertising and sweepstakes agencies, prize suppliers, including but not limited to those entities involved in the preparation of materials for, administration and/or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents including step-relations) and/or those living in the same household of such employees (whether or not related) are ineligible.
Potential Winners (defined in Section 4) are subject to confirmation of eligibility and verification by Sponsor or its authorized representative before any Prize (defined in Section 5), or any portion thereof, will be awarded. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, all entrants (each "Entrant"; collectively "Entrants") and Prize Winners (defined in Section 6) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and its authorized representative, which are final and binding in all matters concerning this Sweepstakes. Winning a Prize (defined in Section 5) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes starts at 8:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT") on September 4, 2020 and ends at 3:00 p.m. CT on November 30, 2020 ("Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected Entries (defined in Section 5).
3. HOW TO ENTER: All Entrants must be a member of the Program. There is no cost to become a member. To set up a new member account ("Rewards Account"), you must register online at www.mymilesmatter.com in the United States or www.mymilesmatter.ca in Canada. While registering, you must enter your first name, last name, email address, password, physical mailing address, a security question and answer as well as other information such as vehicle type which will allow you to receive communications according to your preferences, should you elect to "opt in" to receive Shell Rotella electronic communications. Registration in the Program is considered complete once you accept the terms and conditions of the Program which are posted online at www.mymilesmatter.com and www.mymilesmatter.ca. Only the individual named as the primary account holder (the "Member") will accrue reward miles ("Reward Miles") and will be entitled to access Rewards Account information. To view full terms and conditions of the Program for complete details, www.mymilesmatter.com or www.mymilesmatter.ca.
There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period (each an "Entry"; collectively "Entries):
A. Online Entry: An Entrant may redeem some or all of the Reward Miles in his/her Rewards Accounts to enter the Sweepstakes at www.mymilesmatter.com or www.mymilesmatter.ca. Entrants will receive one (1) Entry in the Sweepstakes for every fifty (50) Reward Miles redeemed during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants must redeem a minimum of fifty (50) Reward Miles in one transaction to receive an Entry. Entries will not be provided for increments of less than fifty (50) Reward Miles. An Entrant may redeem Reward Miles for one or more Entries as often as he/she wishes during the Sweepstakes Period, subject to the number of Reward Miles available in his/her Rewards Account. All online Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period; OR
B. Alternative Entry Method: An Entrant alternatively may receive an Entry by legibly hand-printing in black or blue ink on a 3" x 5" card his/her first and last name, mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state/province/territory, zip/postal code, email address and daytime telephone number (optional) and mailing the card with first class postage affixed to:
United States Address: MyMilesMatter Fall 2020 Sweepstakes, Offer #O2011, P.O. Box 809004, Houston, Texas 77280-9921. Canadian Address: MyMilesMatter Fall 2020 Sweepstakes, Offer #O2011, 1660 North Service Rd E., Box 111, Oakville, ON L6H 7G3.
There is no limit on mail-in Entries, however, only one (1) mail-in Entry per postmarked envelope. All mail-in Entries must be postmarked by November 30, 2020 and received by December 15, 2020. Illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, lost, late, misdirected, stolen, delayed, damaged, postage due, machine printed, typewritten or mechanically reproduced mail-in Entry submissions will not be accepted. An Entrant’s submission of an Entry by mail certifies that he/she (i) is satisfying all eligibility requirements set forth herein, and (ii) has read and complied with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
Sponsor cannot guarantee the Program or this Sweepstakes will be available via all wireless carriers. Standard data plan rates may apply. Other charges may also apply. Entrants should check their mobile plan for rates and other details relating to participation in the Sweepstakes via mobile URL.
Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, are void. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins, cheating or fraud, through a sweepstakes club or similar entity, or any other unauthorized methods will void all of the Entrant’s Entries and Entrant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor suspects that any Entrant has or appears to have submitted mass Entries, or Entries generated by an automated program, bot, script, robotic, macro or use of any other device that is prohibited, this will result in disqualification. All Entries shall become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Proof of entry submission is not proof of its receipt by Sponsor. Only eligible Entries received by Sponsor in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in the Official Rules will be eligible for the Sweepstakes drawing. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant in the Sweepstakes, the Entry will be deemed completed by the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter in the Sweepstakes. Each Potential Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All Entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder.
Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, delayed, stolen, invalid, unintelligible, technically corrupted, garbled or illegible Entries, which will be disqualified, or for any failure to capture Entries, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about December 16, 2020 at or about 3:00 p.m. CT at 6450 Clara Road, Suite 100, Houston, Texas 77041, Sponsor’s authorized representative will conduct a drawing to randomly select thirty-three (33) potential winners from among all eligible Entries received by Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules (each a "Potential Winner"; collectively, "Potential Winners").
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES, AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, a maximum of three (3) Grand Prizes, ten (10) First Prizes, and twenty (20) Second Prizes will be awarded in connection with this Sweepstakes. The Grand Prizes, First Prizes, and Second Prizes are collectively referred to as the "Prizes"; each a "Prize".
Grand Prizes (3): Each "Grand Prize" consists of one hundred thousand (100,000) Rewards Miles. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize is $1,000.00 USD / $1,317.25 CAD (based on the exchange rates posted at the time these Official Rules were published). The ARV of all Grand Prizes to be awarded in connection with this Sweepstakes is $3,000.00 USD / $3,951.75 CAD (based on the exchange rates posted at the time these Official Rules were published).
First Prizes (10): Each "First Prize" consists of fifty thousand (50,000) Rewards Miles. The ARV of each First Prize is $500.00 USD / $658.63 CAD (based on the exchange rates posted at the time these Official Rules were published). The ARV of all First Prizes to be awarded in connection with this Sweepstakes is $5,000.00 USD / $6,586.25 CAD (based on the exchange rates posted at the time these Official Rules were published).
Second Prizes (20): Each "Second Prize" consists of a choice of either a $100 USD Love’s gift card, $100 USD Pilot gift card or $100 USD Visa® prepaid card. The ARV of each Second Prize is $100.00 USD / $131.73 CAD (based on the exchange rates posted at the time these Official Rules were published). The ARV of all Second Prizes to be awarded in connection with this Sweepstakes is $2,000.00 USD / $2,634.50 CAD (based on the exchange rates posted at the time these Official Rules were published).
Love’s Gift Card Terms and Conditions: Love’s gift card good at any Love’s location across the United States. Use for fuel or inside retail or food purchase.
Pilot Gift Card Terms and Conditions: May be used up to balance on card only to buy goods or services at Pilot Travel Centers LLC, Flying J, and Pilot Convenience Stores (collectively "Pilot") and authorized vendors/affiliates of Pilot. Not redeemable for cash unless required by law. May not be used for lottery, money orders, tobacco products or payment on a Pilot account. Not a credit or debit card, asset account, or deposit account. Card will not be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, or used without authorization. CARDCO CII, Inc. is the card issuer and sole obligor to card owner. CARDCO CII may delegate its issuer obligations to an assignee, without recourse. If delegated, the assignee, and not CARDCO CII, will be sole obligor to card owner. Purchase, use, or acceptance of card constitutes acceptance of the terms stated on the card and agreement to hold Pilot harmless. For balance and other inquiries, go to www.pilotflyingj.com or call 800-562-6210.
Visa® Rewards Card Terms and Conditions (United States): Visa Rewards Card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Rewards Card cannot be reloaded with additional funds, nor can it be used at an ATM. No cash access. Terms and conditions and fees apply. For complete terms and conditions, see the "U.S. Bank Rewards Card Cardholder Agreement" available at www.usbankrewardscard.com.
Vanilla Prepaid Visa® Card ("Card") is issued by Peoples Trust Company, pursuant to license by Visa Int. Use and redemption of the Card is subject to separate terms and conditions of the issuer and shall be awarded in Canadian dollars. By signing or using the Card, you agree to the terms and conditions and fees provided by Card issuer. For Card terms and conditions, to obtain the expiry date of your Card, or to check your Balance for free, go online at VanillaPrepaid.com or call customer service at 1-800-652-9174.
B. The ARV of all Prizes for this Sweepstakes is $10,000.00 USD / $13,172.50 CAD (based on the exchange rates posted at the time these Official Rules were published).
C. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. An Entrant can increase his/her chances of winning by submitting multiple eligible Entries during the Sweepstakes Period.
E. Each Potential Winner may waive the right to receive a Prize; or must be able to accept the Prize as awarded in its entirety or not at all. Prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. No assignment, transfer, or substitution of a Prize, in whole or in part, is permitted, except that the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize, or a portion thereof, with a prize item or items of equal or greater value, without liability. Only the listed Prizes above will be awarded, and no other prizing or substitutions will be made except at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
No more than one (1) Prize per Entrant and email address.
Any depiction of a Prize or any element thereof in promotional and advertising materials in connection with this Sweepstakes is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual Prize awarded.
6. HOW TO CLAIM THE PRIZE:
On or about December 16, 2020, each Potential Winner will be contacted by Sponsor or its authorized representative via the email address or phone number on file with Sponsor (in Sponsor’s discretion) to notify him/her that he/she has been selected as the Potential Winner and to verify his/her eligibility. Potential Winners are subject to verification of eligibility and confirmation of compliance with these Official Rules by Sponsor or its authorized representatives, whose decisions are final and binding. Potential Winners will have three (3) business days to respond to this notification. Each Potential Winner must respond as instructed in the notification message. Entrants should regularly check their spam filters and voice mail messages to ensure they do not contain any Sweepstakes notifications. Failure to promptly respond to Sponsor’s notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
To be declared a "Prize Winner", a Potential Winner must meet all eligibility requirements and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Potential Winners may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules. A Potential Winner is not the Prize Winner unless and until the Potential Winner’s eligibility has been confirmed and the Potential Winner has been notified that such verification is complete and any necessary documentation has been properly submitted to Sponsor or its authorized representative.
Potential Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) ("Affidavit & Release"), within a time period specified by Sponsor before being declared the Prize Winner and receiving the Prize. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in forfeiture of his/her Prize.
In the event a Potential Winner fails to provide all required information and/or documentation or execute the Affidavit & Release within the time period specified by Sponsor or its authorized representative; is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with all of the requirements set forth in these Official Rules; declines to accept the Prize; or cannot be reached at the email address and/or telephone number provided within three (3) business days after the first attempt by Sponsor or its authorized representative to contact the Potential Winner, his/her Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to an alternate potential winner by random drawing from all remaining eligible Entries received by Sponsor in the Sweepstakes until a final Prize Winner is declared. If a Prize notification is ignored, returned as unclaimed, or undeliverable for whatever reason beyond the control of Sponsor, the Prize will be forfeited and may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be awarded to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Sweepstakes Entries. Sponsor and its authorized representative shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify a Potential Winner and no responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor or its authorized representative for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with the attempt(s) to notify a Potential Winner.
Each Prize Winner agrees to accept the Prize "as is", and Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes payable in respect of a Prize are solely the responsibility of the Prize Winner.
Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities to use the Prize Winner's persona, name, biographical information, opinions, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in all media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, review, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
Subject to verification of eligibility and confirmation of compliance with these Official Rules, each Grand Prize and First Prize will be automatically deposited into the Prize Winner’s Rewards Account and each Second Prize will be shipped to the Prize Winner’s residence at the mailing address that’s on file with Sponsor. Allow 2 to 4 weeks for delivery of the Prize.
Canadian Residents Only: If a Canadian resident, a Potential Winner must, in addition to all other Sweepstakes requirements, correctly answer, within a limited time period, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be declared the Prize Winner.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/INTERNET: SPONSOR AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL, HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING OF SWEEPSTAKES COMMUNICATIONS AND/OR COLLATERAL ADVERTISING MATERIALS, ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS, OR IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF PRIZE WINNERS OR IN ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR INFORMATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EXCEPT FOR ANY STANDARD WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTURER/SUPPLIER OF THE PRIZE TO A WINNER, SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, AND SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER FOR, ANY WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THEIR QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL MORE PRIZES BE AWARDED THAN ARE STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. IF, THROUGH PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERROR, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER, MORE PRIZES ARE CLAIMED THAN INTENDED AND/OR SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AWARD THE PRIZE BY RANDOM DRAWING FROM ALL ELIGIBLE CLAIMANTS FOR THE PRIZE. ADDITIONALLY, SPONSOR AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ERRORS RESULTING IN OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATIONS OR TRANSMISSION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATIONS OF SWEEPSTAKES MATERIALS, OR FOR TECHNICAL, NETWORK, TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT, ELECTRONIC, COMPUTER, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, TELEPHONE OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, INCOMPATIBILITY, MALFUNCTIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF ANY KIND, OR INACCURATE TRANSMISSIONS OF OR FAILURE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION BY SPONSOR ON ACCOUNT OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS, TELEPHONE CONNECTIONS, WIRELESS DEVICE CONNECTIONS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE, HUMAN ERROR, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF. IF FOR ANY REASON THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF, IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING AS PLANNED, INCLUDING INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, CHEATING, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSES, TECHNOLOGICAL OR OTHERWISE, WHICH CORRUPT, DISRUPT OR OTHERWISE AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY, OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, BUT NOT OBLIGATION, TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY, EXTEND OR SUSPEND ANY AND ALL ASPECTS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND PROCEED IN A MANNER IT DEEMS FAIR REASONABLE AND IN KEEPING WITH THE INTENT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING SELECTION OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS FROM AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED PRIOR TO SUCH CANCELLATION, TERMINATION, MODIFICATION, EXTENSION OR SUSPENSION. SPONSOR FURTHER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL IT SUSPECTS, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, TO BE TAMPERING WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM AND SEEK PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE WWW.MYMILESMATTER.COM OR WWW.MYMILESMATTER.CA OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. INDEMNIFICATION/RELEASE OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS AND PRIZE WINNERS AGREE, BY ENTERING AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AGENCIES, (AND THEIR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES), SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND INSTAGRAM) ("SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM"), AND ANY OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES PARTICIPATING IN THE DESIGN, ADMINISTRATION OR FULFILLMENT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURIES, LOSS, COSTS, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION IS COMMENCED), OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH OR DISABILITY, AND PROPERTY, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES - RELATED ACTIVITY WHETHER HOSTED BY SPONSOR OR A THIRD PARTY OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PARTS THEREOF INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, SUITS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. INDIVIDUALS COVENANT NOT TO SUE ANY RELEASED PARTY OR CAUSE THEM TO BE SUED REGARDING ANY MATTER RELEASED ABOVE; AND FURTHER COVENANT NOT TO DISAFFIRM, LIMIT OR RESCIND THIS RELEASE. A WAIVER BY SPONSOR AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES OF ANY TERM IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF ANY OTHER PROVISION.
9. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant who is a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, a Prize, or any portion thereof, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state or federal courts covering Houston, Texas, USA; and (ii) in addition to the limitations in Section 7 of these Official Rules, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant who is a legal resident of Canada agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, a Prize, or any portion thereof, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and federal laws of Canada, as applicable, and such Entrant shall irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules; and (ii) in addition to the limitations in Section 7 of these Official Rules, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta and federal laws of Canada, as applicable, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
11. WINNER LIST: The name of each Prize winner will be posted online at www.mymilesmatter.com and www.mymilesmatter.ca on or before January 31, 2021.
12. SPONSOR: Pennzoil Quaker State Company d/b/a SOPUS Products, 150 N. Dairy Ashford, Houston, TX 77079. Canadian address: Shell Canada Limited, 400 – 4th Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta T2P 2H5.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners, which are not sponsors of nor otherwise affiliated or associated with this Sweepstakes. All rights reserved.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any Social Media Platform.
All currency conversions as of August 25, 2020.
© SOPUS Products 2020. All rights reserved.